Sunday, April 20, 2008

Introductions

Please take some time to introduce yourself to the group. Let us get to know you!

5 comments:

Kelly Holly said...

Hi Katie!! What an awesome idea! I love it! Well, for those of you that don't know me. Let me introduce myself. My name is Kelly Holly. Katie and I went to High School together, played Volleyball and Softball together. We were really close in High School, then lost touch for a while, then picked right up where we left off about a year ago, when we moved to Rowlett. I have always had a special place in my heart for Katie. She is like a little sister to me and I love her like crazy. And would do anything for that girl!! I hope to get to know some other Christian women on this blog. I too have struggled with my Walk and would love to meet some great non-judging Christian women. I look forward to this new blog!!! Thanks Katie!!!

Tara said...

So excited about this blog! Thanks for inviting me Katie! My name is Tara Hardin and I live across the street from the Hathaways in Murphy. We have only known them since January, but feel like we've known them for years! I have a wonderful husband, Dan, and 2 year old daughter, Riley. Dan and I will be married 6 years on May 4th! We both grew up in the area, but met when we were in school in Houston. I look forward to the new friendships and spiritual encouragement I gain from this blog!

Katie said...

Yeah I am so excited about you girls. Kelle, you made me cry. As you know distance has not made our connection any different. I cant wait for you to get to know everyone. You are my sis girl. Tara I do wish you would tell the "pink bike" story. Make it a seperate post. Speaking of that what is the latest?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katie for inviting me too! I am excited! I am Katy Dedo, Katie's husband's little sister. My husband David and I live in San Antonio and have a 10 month old daughter Morgan. We have lived here a year and a half and still have not found a home church or many friends. It is very difficult to stay in depth when you don't have much encouragement. I pray that through this blog we can encourage one another and truly grow in His word! Looking forward to it ladies!!

The Perdomo Family said...

Hi! I'm Alecia Perdomo. I met Katie thru the gym and @ the neighborhood pool. I immediately liked her and am blessed to have her in my life.

I wanted to introduce myself by giving my testimony. So I'll try to keep it short ;) I was born into a southern baptist background... church 3 times a week, VBS, church camp, etc... I 'said a prayer' asking God to come into my heart at a young age, got baptized and went on with life. But was told that I was saved! I rededicated my life about 3 times and got baptized again by the time I was in high school. I was as rebellious as they came, smart-mouthed, know-it-all, promiscuous, and thought the world revolved around ME. After high school I completely stopped going to church had lived the way I wanted to with NO regard to the Lord. In fact, I really didn't care what He thought. Was I scared that I might go to hell per my lifestyle??? NO! I said a prayer back in the day! My lifestyle was a clear reflection of a sinful nature, not following His commandments, or striving for holiness. God used two unplanned pregnancies, a failed relationship and utter failure to bring me to my face. I was humbled and FORCED to look @ him for dependence. God started to draw me in my first year of marriage/ about 3 years ago. I met a group of girls ON FIRE for the Lord like I had never seen! I started seeing the things I LOVED to watch on television as they truly were: utter filth and offensive to a Holy and righteous God. I knew something had to be happening there ;)

Although I had little experiences with the Lord throughout my life, I never feared him, loved Him, or desired Him. Last Febuary, I was struck with utter fear and reverence for a Holy God and realized that on judgement day, according to Matt 7:21, Jesus could very well say to me "Depart from me, I never knew you!" I realized that I had never been REGENERATED and became a new creature. Terrified and desperate for forgiveness I repented and I gave Him everything I knew how and vowed to wholeheartedly serve Him!

How hard the road has been! But what a joy to walk beside my Savior! All the stumblings and failures, He continues to say "My grace is sufficient for thee. My strength is made PERFECT in your weakness" AMEN that it doesnt depend on wretched ole me ;)

Can't wait to get to know you all.