Sunday, April 20, 2008

NEW JERSEY

If you have not already heard; I am moving to New Jersey in June. I will be all alone. I will have no family there nor friends. This is a scary situation for me. That is the main reason I have created this group. I feel like I know some awesome women and do not want to grow apart from them. I have been in Wylie a year and a half and had no real spiritual guidance or mentors. This has been detrimental to my walk and I will not do it again. Please support me, keep us in your prayers and help hold me accountable. I feel like God is going to stir up some amazing ministry opportunities for Matt and I; as you well know this means the attack will be on by Satan. Please don't let me be in it all alone.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Katie, after our we talked last night, it really made me realize.....you guys are actually moving. I have to say that I do think it is a wonderful opportunity and that God has led you to this decision. But, I am truly sad. We have sooo much in common and share a lot of the same challenges in life! I'll never forget our IKEA day! Despite the chaos, I took sooo much away from our conversation on the way home. We just "vented" about the stresses in life, and your encouraging words really made a difference! You made me realize there is no "perfect family". I have often used that conversation we had as a source of comfort. You made a huge difference in my life that day, and I bet you didn't even realize it! Thanks!

Katie said...

Tara,

I understand, because I have so been there. Yes, I will really miss you too. We do have alot in common but just remember I am your cheap trip to NYC. I am so glad that I could help you out in some way. You can vent to me anytime! You can be sure it will be me venting one day.

Jammin with The Johnson's said...

Katie,

Hi, it is Stacy (Harlan) Johnson from MCS. I saw you on here when I was looking at Kelly's blog. Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you in your move. I have lived in 4 different states since HS and there are some great things about it. I know it is scary not having family around but you will be okay. You and your husband will become closer and you WILL make friends. You have to keep in mind too though that people from different parts of the country are very different than Texans. I personally love people from the northeast b/c they are very "what you see is what you get" type of people. When I moved here to Miami it took me a while to say it don't hate it here but once you accept that this is where you have been placed for now you will find the positive in it. You will be great! But this is a major time in your life that you will have to lean on Him and ask Him for good friends and a good church home. You will be great!!!!!

Stacy